Monday 5 October 2009

LADY WARRINGTON'S GUIDE TO INTERNET DATING


Round two. Yes! I'm going back to the wilds of that world known as Internet dating. This will be my second attempt at it, after doing it earlier this year, but not really being in the right frame of mind and being a little naive to it. After a year of high, lows, wildness, and "What the hell am I doing!", with my love life moments, I have decided to start a fresh slate and return to the Internet with a different outlook and a lot more prepared for what comes with it. You see the Internet is a bigger gauntlet than normal dating, So here are some tips to get you through it. Oh! This will be completely bias to a woman's point of view as I don't have a penis!

* OK! First up and most importantly, don't go thinking that all men on the dating site are nice. There are just as many players on them as there in a bar. They are just harder to spot through a computer screen. So don't go into it thinking you are going to find the man of your dreams and the father of your children. You most likely won't!

* You don't have to reply to ever man that sends you a message. Some people are just not for you and also some people are just pure freaks! I've had requests to dress up as an Easter bunny and go and lick champagne off a fat Phil Mitchell look alike. I've been told I look like a cute tabby that's just used its kitty litter tray! So I guess he was saying I look like cat shit! Warning stay away from these type of men!

* Remember your completing against a lot of other women on these sites, so don't just think that when a guy messages you that its exclusive. He's messaging loads of other girls and has probably ton of other dates lined up. He's just trying to fit you into his Thursday evening slot. Not like this is a bad thing or makes him a bad person. Keep your options open and don't put all your eggs in one basket. That's what I say!

* When you first join, scan the site for who you like the look of and add them to favourites. The popular list is always a good place to start as they are usually the best and filter out the freaks (Not always though!). The only thing with the popular list is that some get a bit big headed and can be very selective about who they message, so don't always expect a reply. Anyway message as many of your favourites as possible. See who gets back to you and then you can filter out who you like the sound of.

* Stay away from men who say potential marriage material on their profiles. They are luring you into a trap. This is actually code for "I never want to get married and I want to sleep with as many women as possible, but I'll tell her what she wants to hear!"

* 5'9 usually means they are 5'6!

* Some guys operate The Three Strikes and your Out! policy. So if you really like them don't do anything until after the third date. If your not that bothered about them, do what the hell you like!

* Go for guys with normal taken pictures. The one's with professional pictures are only going to be disappointing when you meet them in the flesh.

* Have fun with it, after all the age old pursuit of love has always been one big game!

I hope I have armed you with some good tips. So now go forth and rule the world of Internet dating! Just so you know my advice works: I have got on the Guardian Soul mates popular list! Shit! That means I'm a bigheaded bitch who thinks she is too good to reply to anyone! Dam it!

No comments:

Post a Comment