Sunday 17 January 2010

BELATED NEW YEAR



I have been so busy with work recently I haven't even had time to think, never mind do any posts.    I have found my self with a few spare moments, so I am posting my pictures from my New Year.  It was meant to be a quite one this year, but as usual turned into a complete mash up.  It started very civilised with the housemates and Laura, Fabio and Yun coming round to ours for Bangers and Mash.  Laura brought her home made bread and the sausages were from the Ginger Pig, so they were amazing!  As the drinks flowed and more people arrived, the evening became a little more hazy, but I do remember everyone piling into ours for midnight, then everyone going over to the Spaniards opposite for a party, where I preceded to sit on a table which collapsed, with me on it, bashing my hand in the process.  I was carried out that party Gone with the Wind style by my mate Duncan, back to mine, where I then spent the next half hour throwing up over the toilet and pretending I was a cat on the bathroom floor! I finished the night once again being carried to bed (This time by Angus).  So I saw the year out in style then?
I wore for the evening a new dress that I had seen The cherry Blossom Girl wear on her blog, and thought she looked great in it and I just had to have it.  Unfortunately I didn't look as cool in it, and instead of looking like Audrey Hepburn, which was the image I was wanting, I kept getting called Wednesday Adams or a sexy Nun!  It got worse when I put on Rubens sailor hat, as I then looked like a member of the Salvation Army.  Anyway I don't care what I look like or what anyone thinks, I love the dress.  Happy Belated New Year everyone.


Angus







                       Laura's home made bread

              You can't beat bangers and mash!

             Me looking shocked!

             Kylee does a big balloon

              Yun and Laura join in.


               Claire and Angus

                     the love birds:  claire and Rohan

                    Recycling our Christmas tree

                         We like to call it instillation art

                More people start showing up.



                         The masses arrive for midnight.

                       DJ at the spanish party

                  Me as a member of the Salvation Army with Claire

                      Angus and Deb's chill at the end of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment