Sunday 17 January 2010

THE BRIDGE AND JAGUAR SHOES


One of the good things about living in London, is there is always something new to discover, and it is always exciting one that discovery is a good one.  This was the case on saturday, as I ventured to shoreditch to meet up with my friend Deb's for coffee at a new cafe that I had heard had opened up.  Alex and Oli joined us as well, fresh back from their travels in India.  I am glad the journey was worth it to go there, as it is quite unlike anything else around.  The Bridge Coffee House is on Kingsland Road and is housed in an old building that use to be a video shop.  The decor is the most amazing thing:  Kitsch, cluttered, antique, with a bit of Baroque and a NewYork, Parisian feel thrown into the mix.  The Hot Chocolate was amazing and the cakes are not bad too.  The nicest thing though, was drinking at somewhere individual instead of looking down at a mug imprinted with Starbucks or Costa!  Highly recommended just for the experience and a good place to go and read the weekend papers and be cosy.


















The Bridge Coffee House
15 Kingsland Road
E8


The only downside with the Bridge is, it doesn't sell alcohol, so we ventured down the road a little to the well known Jaguar Shoes for a glass or two?  I feel the decor in there is like a mad kids playgroup, but its good for.  Though I do have to say some of the things hanging from the ceiling do remind me of vital organs.  We headed over to debs bar after that for a few more drinks, and though I was a little drunk I got to bed at a decent hour and a woke today to clear all the junk out of my bedroom and had a good old sort out!  All in all a productive and relaxing weekend.









34-36 Kingsland Road,
Shoreditch,
London,
E2 8DA

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you, the bridge is definitely not just an ordinary coffee shop, the decor is amazing (step back in time) and the owners and staff are friendly and very chatty. Yeah, and the coffee and cakes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. an tacky junk shop interior meets bad weekend diy skills. sorry- not into theme bars unless they are lounge-lover quality, nothing lasting here just a quick fix job. anyway- might work in shoreditch. xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I hope you don't mind but I used your photos of The Bridge on my blog, as the ones I took were awful, have a look:
    http://www.fromlondonwithlovex.com/2010/05/meet-me-by-bridge.html
    If you object to me using them just let me know and I'll take them off xx

    ReplyDelete