Tuesday 14 June 2011

BACK TO REALITY

The other day, with a few moments to myself, I lay on the grass and shut my eyes. As the sun shone on my face I tried to pretend to myself I was back in south America and for a few seconds I really believed I was, until my little day dream was shattered by the yell of,
"Crew rehearsal!!!" My eyes shot open and I realised I was not in Argentina, or Brazil or even Colombia. No! I was in BIRMINGHAM!

Yes people, less than two weeks after getting back from the wonders of South America, I seem to have found myself filming on a TV drama, called Land Girls for the BBC, in BIRMINGHAM! When the job was proposed to me, it ticked all the boxes; 5 day working week (nice); 1940s period drama (nice); working with the Wonderful Giles and one of my best friends, the beautiful Becky Brown (even nicer)! Oh, but it's daytime drama (I've moved onto better things these days darlings) and its filming in BIRMINGHAM! I hate BIRMINGHAM! Also after living out of a bag for 5 months I was desperate to be back in London and get settled in the warehouse again, but beggars can't be chooses and after getting back from my travels I was totally broke. I needed money pronto and this job was starting straight away and gives me 2 months solid work and the chance to get back on my feet. Besides its 5 day weeks; I can go back to London every weekend or go and see my family, I thought to myself. I also tried to think about other good things in Birmingham? Well 2 of my best friends have moved there; Claire who now has a baby and Debs who moved to be with her boyfriend (God, she must love him a lot)! After that all I could come up with for Birmingham was Cadburys chocolate, but I do like chocolate a lot, so I suppose that is quite good?

I really can't complain about this job though at all. The crew are lovely; the cast are the nicest ever and there is some eye candy for me to look at (my being a "nun phase" is going to last 2 minutes)! Besides work has taken my mind off the fact that I'm back in England and hasn't really given me chance to get sad, as I'm so busy.

I'm renting a room off a family that I found through the BBC housing list. It's a middle aged Mum and Dad and their grown adult son, who I think is older than me. When I arrived his face lit up like he'd never seen a girl before (I've got the feeling he's not that experienced with women)? In fact he's still got his childhood door plaques with his name on, nailed on his bedroom door. I also hear him when I get in late at night from working split days, playing on his Playstation. Maybe he's waiting up for me? I keep thinking I'll wake up in the middle of the night with him sat there watching me sleep, and then say,
"Hello Carly! Will you kiss me, as I've never kissed a woman before"!
Arrrghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! I've started to lock my door at night!

Filming has been quite fun; I'm filming in a stately home which has a bar call Dickabels (what the hell); which has Sequin cushions and a disco ball (I think the Lord and Lady must have swingers parties there)! There is also a huge cardboard cut out of Robert Patterson, and even though I hate Twlight, I did find myself having my picture taken kissing it! Oh my God! Is this what my love life is now reduced to; kissing cardboard cut outs of Robert Patterson! I need to go back to South America! Now!

A first happened the other day. Filming was stopped due a pensioners day out walking onto set with their guided tour, by accident. It didn't seem to bother them though, as they carried on with the tour as if we weren't there (they were old though; maybe they couldn't see a WHOLE cast and crew trying to film in front of them)! Well on the bright side we did all learn about the whole history of the house (actually maybe it was only me that thought it was good due to the fact I'm a history geek)!

I guess reality isn't too bad, at the moment. I'm just throwing myself into work for the time being and concentrating on not going back to the way I felt before I left, because right now I'm feeling the best I have done in ages. I want it to last.

No comments:

Post a Comment