Sunday 30 December 2012

A REVIEW OF 2012: A YEAR OF CHANGE

Everything changes doesn't it?  Change is good isn't it? Well that's not how I felt at the start of the year when everything in my life seemed to be changing.  I was miserable and sad, but what I didn't realize at the time was the reason things were changing was because I was already miserable and sad before these changes. Change is never easy and believe me at times it was difficult, but I do not regret any of the decisions I have made this year, they have all been for the best.  Happiness is the best change of all.  Right I finished with the schmultz, its time for the review.

WEDDINGS
This was the year of weddings, with three of my closest friends getting hitched.  All three weddings were all different and great in there own special way. I purchased new frocks, got drunk and avoided being set up (does a drunken kiss count?) even though some people were trying their hardest, at each of the weddings.  Hopefully there won't be as many next year.  Your costing me a fortune. Congratulations to:

Mr and Mrs Mills
 Mr and Mrs McIndoe
 Mr and Mrs West

BABIES
I have got to that age where everyone seems to be having babies these days.  Three came into the world this year

 First up my cousin Nicole and her husband Dre welcomed the lovely Ava Carrington into the world.
Then of course my old housemates, Oli and Alex gave us the lovely Lyra.
And finally the much anticipated Henry, who after a difficult birth and giving us a bit of a scare is now well and kicking. Congratulations to my oldest friend Liz and her great husband Paul.

FAVOURITE FILM OF 2012
Searching for Sugar Man

FAVOURITE ALBUM OF 2012 
Funnily enough its the Searching for Sugar Man Soundtrack!

 FAVOURITE TV PROGRAMME
Game of Thrones:  OMG!  I know its geeky but I'm totally addicted.  I watched series 2 in 3 days flat!

TRAVELS
I started the beginning of this year in Mexico, but this year has been all about Spain.  I have found myself there 3 times this year.  Firstly in Almeria with work; second time in Barcelona visiting my friend Mariel ; and finally in Malaga with my sister for some much needed rest.  I love Spain, the people, the food, the culture and the language even though I'm not so sure that Spain quite likes me inflicting my Spanish on it?




WORK
Oh yes, that thing that has consumed my life for nearly all of the year.  I have been on the same job all year, and I would love to tell you about it, especially now I have finished, but even so, I'm still not going to say what I worked on, as its probably more trouble than its worth. Sorry.

HAPPY 2013 EVERYONE FROM LADY WARRINGTON X


No comments:

Post a Comment