Wednesday 17 December 2008

TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY?


It soon became apparent to me after I got back that I had returned to a very depressed house hold, it must have been bad as this was coming from an actually depressive. "I'm the only depressive in this house!" I thought. It would have been quite easy to join in but instead it had quite the reverse affect. I just couldn't bear it so I set on a course to spread Christmas cheer ( From now on then if I get depressed everyone has to be depressed too, to cure me of it, OK!). The first thing I did was go and get a Christmas tree, much to Jan disdain as it appears I am going out with Germany's answer to Ebenezer Scrooge! He says he doesn't like Christmas, to which I said "Well you won't like all those presents I got you either, so I will have to take them back!" He shut up after that. Well anyway, its amazing what a £30 tree from B&Q and some cheap Dec's from Asda can do to lift the spirits. Oli did most of the decorating of the tree in true prop man style: I threaded some popcorn which oli said looked like a bunch of bones: Sam came home to find the tree done, so just moved all the decorations round, so she felt like she did her bit and Jan just stayed on his computer! (Bar Hum bug!)



Later still caught up in the Christmas feel, me, Angus and Sam let off one of Angus's paper lanterns with a wish and saw it float high above the Hackney night sky (You so know Hackney police got loads of phone calls about a UFO being in the area that night).



To add to the merriness I have brought a festive CD with Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby, which I will play at our house Xmas dinner on Thursday, which will probably just turn into a piss up as there will not be anything to eat as I will burn everything!

OBSERVATIONS

* I seem to be spending a lot of time just sat on the toilet, as the bathroom is the warmest room in the house. Bloody freezing!

* I am actually missing picking all the dirt out of my nails, like in India (Well it's something to do isn't it!)

* The best way to Christmas shop is just to get pissed! Me and the sister, Paula do it every year on our annual Christmas spree. Its amazing how presents look so brill when your drunk, instead of a pile of crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment