Tuesday 9 June 2009

IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE


I miss being in love. I like the feeling it gives you: that tingle down your spine, the knot in your stomach, the feeling of walking on air. Its a feeling that it more addictive than any drug, drink or cigarette. I think I'm quite a loving person really, though I try to hide it. There is a part of me that is dead when I'm not in love. It has made me kind of melancholy recently. I sit round reminiscing about the past, especially when I see other people kissing and it feels like everyone is in love, apart from me. It makes me sad. So to fill this void I have been watching quite a lot of romantic films to get my fix. Don't worry I'm still not watching chick flicks, that will never be my style, but there are romantic films out there which don't want to make you puke. In fact there are some master pieces, and it is one of these such films that made me fall in love again. The film is Kar Wai-Wong's in The Mood for Love. It is one of the most beautiful films I have ever seen. Set in Hong Kong in the 1960's, the film is about an affair between two married people. It was made in 2000 but it is shot on old stock film to give it that period look. The real star of the film though is actress Maggie cheung's dresses. They are amazing. I just want to go out now and buy a load of cheongsam's.




No comments:

Post a Comment