Wednesday 24 February 2010

THE SECRET INGREDIENT

My housemate Alex is a PA for a living.  This means she doesn't inform people of things like a normal person would.  Everything from "What are you doing tonight" to arranging the house hold items, comes in the form of a memo.  She even sends them to me when we are in the same room together, instead of actually talking to my face.  I've become quite use to it now, and most days I find a new memo in my in box.  It was one of these memo's that I opened one day, that informed me she had booked a party of 10 of us into the Secret Ingredient.  The Secret Ingredient was the first of the now in Vogue Supper clubs that have sprung up in the capital in the last couple of years.  A supper club is where you have a slap up meal but rather than eating in a restaurant you dine at the chef's home.  The venue for this meal was a small ex council flat in Newington Green, owned my the master chef of the evening: Horton Jupiter (Yes!  I asked him if that was his real name and apparently it is!)  In fact we have met  Mr Jupiter on a few occasions before, as he is the lead singer in the band , which we have been to see a couple of times: They came from the stars, we saw them. He is also a friend of my housemate Angus and Andy our waiter for the  evening had turned up at our New Years Eve party, which I don't quite know how or why, but thats a common thing with people appearing in our house, but anyway lets get down to the most important thing:  The food!  The menu is vegetarian Japanese with about eight courses, which included quail egg soup, seaweed wraps and tofu soya dumplings among others.  It was all pretty amazing and all the more due to the fact that Horton has never been to Japan, he just likes the food and has taught himself.  The dinner chat was all totally inappropriate as usual, and washed down well with shots of Sake.  It was such a good night we have decided to form are own new club called the C U next Tuesdays, which will always meet and do a social activity on a Tuesday.  I think the C.U.N.T club might catch on?
The Secret Ingredient: £26.50  7- 11pm
For more information on The Secret Ingredient check out their Facebook page here or Email: thesecretingredienthq@googlemail.com





















No comments:

Post a Comment