Wednesday 26 May 2010

EDINBURGH


So what do two girls do when their flights to far off exotic locations, get cancelled by some bloody volcano exploding in Iceland?  Sit around and feel sorry for themselves?  No!  They go on a girly road trip.  Its funny when you can't leave your own country and realise how much we take for granted and how little I have seen of this great isle.  Me and my friend charlie decided go all the way up to Bonny Scotland for the weekend, to Edinburgh, as both of us had never been.  I agreed to do this and to Charlie driving before I had learnt that she had written off two cars last year, and on that nine hour journey up there, my hair has become grey which you would be able to see if I didn't have so much bleach on it, (Thank god for bleach!)
As we were feeling a bit down about are cancelled flights, we decided this was going to be an extravagant weekend, so we only when and checked ourselves into the Missoni Hotel.  Actually they had discount rates due to the volcano ( I knew that volcano must be good for something!) 



After a shower, wandering around in our Missoni bath robes, and drinking from our Missoni cups, we headed out to the poshest restaurant in the city, The Witchery.  The witchery, that has seen every Celebrity from Jack Nicholson to Catherine Zeta Jones and Yes!  Even Danni Minogue ( I know!)  Its probably the most beautiful restaurant I have ever seen as it is set in an old 16th century merchants house.  Beauty comes at a price though as it was bloody expensive and I'm sure it was haunted, which meant Charlie wouldn't go the toilet and I tried to go as quick as possible ( Which is not very easy when you are wearing a leotard!)  Still the food was amazing and I had the best bottle of wine of my life  (Believe me, I've had a lot).  We also were the last ones to finish dining, so we had the place to ourselves, and I got some great pictures.








The witchery
Castle Hill
The Royal Mile
Edinburgh
Eh1 2NF
Tel: 0131 225 5613

The next day we headed out for a real tourist day which included Edinburgh Castle for my history fix, because I'm such a history geek.  We then had a whiskey as its actually illegal not to drink it while in Scotland.  We then went on a ghost walk which seems like the in thing to do in Edinburgh.  This consisted of a woman dress like a Goth (Hate Goth's!), who whipped some beds arses, screamed a lot, and then took us all down into a dark cellar.  I think it was a ghost tour?































Saturday night we hit the town, downed to many drinks and ended up in a bar called Tiger Lilies.   There we met a group of guys from London, (Can't get away from them!).  After a few more drinks I ended up snogging one of them who was a stock broker and really hot (Though not hot enough for me to remember his name!)  Unfortunately as I have learnt in this life, when things seem to good to be true, they usually are, as I found out when one of his mates started having a go at him, because it turns out he had a girlfriend. Bastard!  Well there are plenty more fish in the sea.  Besides we finished the night in style with a rickshaw ride back to the hotel from some guy called Jim who had buns of steel and it was a very pleasant slight watching him work.  A great finish to a great weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment