Monday 23 May 2011

BENIDORM BAD GIRL 5: IGUAZÚ FALLS

Sometimes as I find out a lot, life can be full of disappointments. As I journeyed to Iguazú falls, which is classed as one of the new 7 wonders of the world, on the border of Argentina and Brazil, I expected to be disappointed again. I heard they were amazing off so many travellers, but I kept saying to myself how good can a bunch of waterfalls be?

I was now back on the road with the gorgeous Maria, which was great. We ventured in the morning to the national park, with me a bit under parr as I'd been up drinking till the early hours of the morning with a group of 7 Aussie guys (what is it with me and Aussie guys)? Maria was really excited, but I was just sat there in mood thinking I'd rather go back to bed. As she dragged me along to see Garganta del Diablo, the biggest of all the waterfalls, all I kept thinking I was going to throw up.

Then something amazing happened. I saw the waterfall. I wasn't disappointed. No! It actually exceeded anything I could of ever imagined in my mind. For the first time in ages, something took my breath away, and suddenly my hangover disappeared. I stood there in awe of the beauty and power of nature.

The waterfalls do something crazy to you and me and Maria spent the rest of the day running around like excited children taking in everything.

The next day we hit the Brazilian side to see more of the falls (it's important to do both sides as they give different views). I only had a short time to see it as I had to catch a bus back to the Argentinean side to catch my bus to Rio. "Must not miss that bus!" I told myself.

As I said before, the waterfalls have a strange effect on you and I got completely side tracked and kind of forgot the time! I rushed back to the entrance to find that my bus had gone. Brazil got to witness it's first Kevin as I was stamping my feet a lot and shouting "Shit! Shit! Shit!" So I'm stuck in Brazil, with no Brazilian money, I don't speak Portuguese and I have to try and get back over the border into Argentina to catch my bus that leaves in an hour and a half! Shit! After my initial freak out I go back into experienced traveller mode and decide to use the only thing that is going to get me out of this mess: My feminine charms!

Being a blonde in South America has been a bit of pain most of the time, but now I used it to my advantage. In no time at all, after doing my little girl lost act, I'm on local bus for free, with some local guy making sure I'm OK. He gets me to a bus that is going to the border which I also get on for free, and then the bus driver becomes my new guardian and makes sure I cross the border safely. I'm back with half an hour to spare to catch my bus. Good going girl, I think to myself. Actually sometimes its good to be a woman.

I sit on my bus heading to Rio thinking, Yes, the last two days I have seen this world at it's most beautiful and I then remember the reason why I travel, for moments like these.

NB: Please note these photos and videos can not come near to summing up what I have seen. I suggest you all go and bloody see it yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment