Tuesday 4 October 2011

3 FILMS YOU HAVE TO WATCH

First up is The Skin I live in which is the latest offering from Pedro Almodovar.  It's dark, twisted and completely amazing, as well as having one crazy twist in the plot.  It's one of the best films I have seen in a long time and I made my housemates go out and watch it as well, so I could discuss it with them, as its one of the films you can't stop talking about.  Elena Anaya is one of the most beautiful women ever to grace the screen and Antonio Banderas is as sexy as always.  I also felt good as it was in Spanish so I felt like I might also be learning as well?


The other week I stayed in and watched a documentary film Called The Burden of Dreams.  It was about the making of Werner Herzogs film Fitzcarraldo in the Amazon jungle.  Herzog and his lead actor Klaus Kinski are totally insane; they film in the middle of nowhere in harsh conditions; everything goes wrong and basically it's complete chaos, so right up my street. Would of loved to have been on the crew. I love crazy people, it makes life far more interesting.  I want to work with Herzog now!


Lastly is the film Drive. Beautifully acted, directed and shot.  Great soundtrack too.  Oh! and I'm totally in love with Ryan Gosling, who is the coolest man in film today.  I love you Ryan. Go watch it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment