Tuesday 4 October 2011

NEW DISCOVERIES

I've lived in London nearly ten years now, but there is always something new to see, some place new to discover, it never stops.  Maybe that's why I love it so much. This last week I have discovered two new places worth mentioning.  First up is a place called Comptoir Libanais.  I went to meet my friend Hannah for lunch the other day.  We were in the centre of London, which for me most of the time is hard to find any where decent to eat.  Its all chain's or tourist restaurants.  Hannah said she knew a cool Lebanese cafe round the back of Oxford street, which she knew I would love.  She was right.  It was fun, bright, modern and the food was great at a reasonable price.  They also have some cool Moroccan shopping bags, that I think I really must have.

COMPTOIR LIBANAIS
65 WIGMORE STREET
LONDON
W1U 1PZ
TEL: 0207 935 1110

Secondly up is Gordon's Wine bar. I went for a drink with my friend Oli, who introduced me to this place round the corner from Charing cross station, near the river.  From the outside you would easily walk past it, with it scruffy old wooden facade, but walk down the stairs into the cellar where the bar is located, is like walking back in time.  It's dark, smells, and is scruffy, but has so much character and looks like a seedy Victorian tavern, in a Dickens novel.  As I love history, I totally loved this place.  You should go just for the experience.


 Gordon Wine Bar
47 Villiers Street
London
WC2N 6NE
TEL: 0207930 1408

No comments:

Post a Comment