Thursday 26 January 2012

THE SHIT HENDRIK SAYS!

So everyone this is Hendrik aka Monster. Hendrik is the loveliest guy ever and hasn't got a bad bone in his body. He also happens to be the funniest German I have ever met! Hendrik got the nickname Monster from Sean, the Canadian guy he was traveling with, due to the fact that Hendrik over heard two girls on the beach one day saying:
"Look at those clouds. It looks like a monsoon is coming!"
Hendrik misheard what they were saying and said in dismay:
"What! A monster is coming! Where?"
Hence he got stuck with the nick name Monster there after.
Germans are known for their directness, but Hendrik has the ability to be as direct as hell but make it the funniest thing ever.
Me, him and Flo were sat eating waiting for a bus to Playa del Carmen. We were discussing relationships. Flo was saying how he was single for the longest he had been in ages and that it was a good thing. I then said I'd been single for 3 years and that I felt it was good for all people to be able to be on their own at some point in their life. Hendrik's eyes lit up in shock.
"What?" I asked
"No, Carly it's not! I can't do it!"
"But why?" I asked.
"Because I like to f**k!" he replied really loudly. Me and Flo looked at each other and I felt like the whole restaurant had heard.
"Just because I've been single for 3 years, it doesn't necessarily mean I haven't had sex in 3 years" I tell him
"Oh! Well that's OK then!" and he carries on eating his second plate of Tacos.
Hendrik becomes my most constant travel partner on this trip and I grew very fond of him. He takes the piss out of me all the time by calling the British "Island Monkeys"; I tell him to shut up a lot; we spend most the time getting him food as he is always hungry (I've never seen anyone each so much); I tell him to stop making loud weird sex like noises when he wakes up as everyone in the other dorms are going to think we are doing some weird shit; and we jokingly call each other "Mein Schatzi" which means my darling in German.
I became quite protective over Hendrik, I felt like I wanted to look after him, but I think he was the same with me. There were some days when I travelled with him and my head was in another place and I was sad.
"I don't like seeing you sad Carly" he would say. Then he would say some shit and make me laugh again. So this post is dedicated to Hendrik aka Monster, the funniest man in Germany, who always had the ability to make me laugh, when nothing else could. I thank you and it was a pleasure to meet you. You are truly one of life's characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment