Saturday 7 February 2009

2 PINTS OF LARGER AND A PACKET OF CRISPS....


Actually it should really be 4 larger and blacks, Magners, a couple of gin and tonics with a plate of nachos, as that what was consumed when I met up with my old university friend, Kristy the other night. I only meet up with Kirsty every couple of months, which is never enough because she is a good and loyal friend and always forget how good we get along, ( me and her were thick as thieves at university). Its our tradition that our meetings always take place in an establishment of Weatherspoon as a sort of homage to our uni days as the Bournemouth branch was our favourite drinking hole as it was the cheapest and did lots of special offers, like 2 for 1 and get a double shot for a pound extra. If we could not afford to drink out which happened a lot we use to buy one of those 3 litre ( or something like that!) bottles of Lambrini, before we ventured out to a club, usually unable to walk properly before we had even got out and always sick in some corner before the night was through. Another favourite trick of ours was to buy a bottle of vodka and down shots followed by a hand full of M&M's to rid the horrible taste. It was a good idea apart from the fact you found M&M's all around the house for weeks afterwards! Our second favourite was the student bar, Dylan's which we would escape to for a sneaky pint when our tutor Nigel wasn't looking and always have the healthy? lunch of a plate of nachos with cheese and all the toppings. In fact the nachos ritual was ruined for a year when Kirsty decided to become a vegan, So when she told me the other night that she had stopped the first thing that came into my head was that we could have nachos again! much to my delight. We sat and talked and observed the hard face alcoholics that always seem to frequent Weatherspoons. I must say though it not quite the same since the smoking ban as the nicotine stained ceilings have gone and I always thought they added to the grimy character of the places. I know! I'm strange!

No comments:

Post a Comment