Monday 2 February 2009

CORONATION DAY



New year and back to work! Actually I'm quite glad as I can't bear to watch anymore crap daytime telly and I have gone through all the decent DVDs in our collection. Also, most importantly I am nearly out of money. I am back working with Howard and Fraser again after over year which is good. Its been so long as I sodded off traveling and then they pissed off to Budapest to film Robin hood for 6 months ( they couldn't take me as the BBC wouldn't pay for assistant and just get local girls to do it for 50p or something stupid a day!) Anyway we have a nice little 6 week job which seems to be a breeze as most of it is prep ( IE getting things made and finding the costumes) and less shooting, so not the usual crappy hours. I would tell you what I'm working on but I might get hung drawn and quartered as I had to sign a contract on this job to say I was not allowed to disclose anything about it. This is because this particular programme has a huge cult fan base, which actually means load of geeks with nothing better to do than find out what the story line is. What I can tell you though is that we got a day filming on coronation street. Brilliant! Coronation street or Corrie as it is known is a British institution and also the longest running TV drama in the world. It is also a lot better than Eastenders and I'm not just saying that because I'm a northern, it's just fact! I can't say I have ever been an avid soap watcher but have had to endure them when I go home as my mum and Nan seem to be addicted to them, so I do kind of know whats going on and have come to the conclusion that Soap streets are not a good place to live if you want to be happy and live a long life as you can get blown up, have sex with your brother, get married to a transsexual and have a pedophile living next door. It may not be a good place to live but it's a great place to arse around, which me and Fraser my Supervisor did all day.




The rovers new bar maid.

OBSERVATIONS

* Fraser and Howard are the fastest walkers in the world as I am usually trailing behind, jogging to catch up.

* I have forgotten how knackering filming hours were.

* I have also forgotten how good it is to have a bath as we don't have one in the unit. I had two this weekend, one at my mums and a lovely one at the Ramada Hotel in Manchester where we stayed on Friday. I also stole all the toiletries too.

No comments:

Post a Comment