Sunday 29 March 2009

JE T'AIME PARIS



So with everything that has been going on recently I felt the need to get away and when my friend Ali asked me to go away to Paris with her I didn't need to think twice. I'm a complete francophile and even after all the palaces I have travelled to, I still think Paris is up there at the top. I love everything about it: the food, the culture, the fashion, the language (Can't bloody speak it well which sucks), the men. Oh god everything. If only I could speak French I would move there tomorrow (thinking of starting French lessons, or getting another French boyfriend to improve).
We ate lots of good food, drank lots of great wine, walked lots (Had to, to burn it all off!) and went to see lots of great exhibitions: Here are some of the highlights.
Les Arts Décoratifs had an amazing Sonia Rykiel exhibition on show casing all her work. Loved it and now I feel I have to get her jumper I have been eyeing up for ages on ASOS.

I want it!

Also on at Décoratifs was an amazing show on Art Deco Jewellery, which was my favourite. If only I could go back in time to the 20's and 30's and be a rich lady and wear all those gems.

Another amazing exhibition was Andy Warhol at the Grand Palais, which is probably the biggest exhibit I have ever been to, it went on and on, but was so worth it.

David LaChapelle on at the La monnaie is worth a look too. It was better than the Annie Lebowitz show, put on at the National portrait gallery recently.


Food wise the highlight was going to Cafe Angelina on the Lourve Rivoli which is one of the grandest old cafes in Paris. The cakes were to die for and my hot chocolate was just pure melted chocolate. Heaven!


I revisted the past by going to Chartier resturant which I last went to when I came to Paris with University, many moons ago. Its just such a traditional french restruant and has a great atmosphere. Its not to heavy on the purse either. To top it all off we got our meal paid for by the two French men sat next to us. It would have been even better if they were hot and not old enough to be our dads. Well you can't win them all!




Here are the photos:







No comments:

Post a Comment