Wednesday 14 April 2010

VIRGINIA



The other week when I was out in Notting Hill, and before I got too drunk to remember anything, I  walked past the most amazing shop.  Its windows were like an Aladdin's cave of vintage at its best, and I wanted to go inside to explore some more.  Unfortunately its doors were closed and I was left disappointed.  I have since learnt that the shop, by the name of Virginia, is a bit of a secret gem among the Elite of london, for the best in vintage clothing.  It's owner Virginia Bates is a former actress who hand picks  each item herself from 1920's flapper dresses to Edwardian shawls of the highest quality.  The shops collection of clothing and accessories ranges from the 1880s to the 1940s.  Even John Galliano comes to the shop for inspiration for his collections.  All that said this doesn't make this shop cheap or easy to get into, as even though it does have official opening hours, its not always open and is best to call in advance. Its doesn't look like I will be getting through those doors anytime soon.  Well a girl can dream.
Virginia
98 Portland Road
Holland Park
W11 4LQ
Tel: 020 7727 9908

No comments:

Post a Comment