Sunday 12 December 2010

POACHERS POCKET

If it wasn't for my housemate Alex, most of us in our house would not have a social life, due to the fact that we are crap at organizing anything, so its a good job that Alex is so bloody good at it.  Actually!  she has too be!  Its her job for God sake!  Anyway the other weekend was another group outing organized by Alex.  Of course it was arty and different, and gave us another opportunity to dress like complete East London Dick heads (Its what we do best)!  This time we dressed in country attire, which we have lots of, as the country look is so East London right now, even though we live in a huge urban mass with the only bit of green being Victoria Park?  The night was called Poachers Pocket, and is a pop up restaurant in Hackney central run by artists that can cook.  Its decor is old sacs as wall paper, deer heads on the wall and hale bales as seats.  The food is amazing and I had the best venison stew ever, topped up with warm cider as my drink.  Unfortunately I had to leave before dessert as I had to be up early for work, because I don't seem to have a life anymore doing this job.  My only regret of the night, was that I couldn't stay longer and dance the night away with the band that played.  I wonder what Alex's next event will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment