Wednesday 20 April 2011

MY NEW BEST FRIEND



It seems I have made a new Spanish best friend. Her name is Vogue Latino América. I do believe she is the most helpful and interesting best friend I have made in a while as she has helped no end with my Spanish.
When I was with Martin, he told me the best way to learn a language was to read, and that I needed to get reading Spanish. Me being me, and biting off more than I can chew, AGAIN, told him I was going to read a Gabriel Garcia Marquez book (slightly ambitious, don't you think)? Since then I have been hunting round South America for one, only finding one in Peru brand new, which was way to expensive and I told myself I wasn't going to pay that amount (I'm on a budget don't you know)! All I have found since are versions in English, and last time I checked I could read English pretty well! Hence my learning Spanish through reading had come to a bit of a standstill, until now! I'm now hiding away in the most chilled hostel in the world in a little village called Tilcara in the north of Argentina. There is not a lot to do here apart from relax, so I saw it as a good opportunity to get out my Spanish books and start learning again. The only problem is, I keep getting easily distracted, so instead of using google translate on my phone, I seem to find myself logged onto facebook, checking my emails, or browsing the Top Shop website for the latest fashions (even though I have told everyone whilst I have been traveling I haven't once; I'm a big liar: I miss you Top Shop; I miss fashion)!
With my love of fashion in mind you should of seen my face, when I came across a recent edition of Vogue Latino América! Bingo! I haven't stopped reading it all day. I've been tapping away on google translator like there is no tomorrow. I now can tell you all the words in Spanish for pattern, lace, embroidery, pleating and off the shoulder neckline! Heaven. Thanks Vogue Latino América, your the best friend a girl can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment