Friday 1 April 2011

TAJO

Now this might look like the most boring video clip ever (sorry about that), but I'm trying to show you a game of Tajo. Tajo is the national game of Colombia and consists of throwing metal pucks at a clay surface. The aim is to hit the circle and the four paper triangles around it which contain gunpowder. If you hit them correctly, they blow up, which is cool, but bad on the ear drums! Unfortunately I kept missing filming them every time they blew up. I went for a game with Luiz, Beth and four German guys from my hostel in villa. Me and Beth were the only girls there and got a few stares as I don't think it's a woman's sport. Never or less Beth, won! She was bloody great at it. I was so, so. The German guys are obsessed with it, and very competitive when it comes to the game. They even Want to introduce it to Germany and try and make a business from it,( quick some one buy the patent)! The most distressing thing of the night for me was the mens urinals were just behind our game, so if you got your throw wrong it could be very horrible in deed!



No comments:

Post a Comment