Thursday 2 February 2012

WHO AM I?

I had one of those drunken conversations with a friend recently.  You know the kind where you talk absolute crap about everything, and then at the end of the night you tell each other how much you love one other and how great they are. One of the topic's that came up was knowing ones self.  My friend argued that no one ever knows ones self.  I told them I agreed with them to a certain extent; it is true you can never know yourself entirely, but you have to be sure of some things within you, or you become a stranger to yourself and life can't function happily that way.  The next day I found myself pondering over the argument, and asking myself what do I know about me and this is what I came up with (Please don't except Einstein here)!:

* I have a gap between my front teeth which I use to hate, but now I don't think I would change it, because it's now part of me.

* I don't like opening mail!

* I'm loyal.

* I have food phobia's.  This includes Sandwiches, eggs, most finger buffets, those American style hot dogs, not putting milk on cereal the right way and people who are serving food that don't look clean!
(God I sound like a complete freak)!

* I hate chick flicks and would much prefer a beat them up or an action movie.

* When I want something I flutter my eye lashes, and then slope my body to the side. Apparently this is not in a sexy way, but more like, (so I have been told) a Steven Hawkings kind of way (I know my house mates are wrong)! Though it can't be that bad as it got me off a fine for not having an MOT and not have my tax disc displayed with the police recently (Get in)!

* I hate the cold, and when I say that I really mean it!

* I like to feel the sun on my face.

*I always like to believe the good in people before the bad.  This has often left me disappointed, in the end.

* I like my legs.  I hate my hip bones ( they stick out too much and I use to get teased at school by the other girls for them)!

* I don't like to take life to seriously, only when needed to.  I can laugh at myself.  I think this is up there for me as one of the best qualities a person can have.

* I usually love the men in my life, more than they love me.

* I'm scared of deep water, but I always try and swim in it as I feel its good to confront your fears.

*I think about things way too much!

* I'm allergic to cats, but I love them (We have three and they make me sneeze and my eyes itch, and through all that I still love them).

* I'm most happiest when I'm travelling.

* I drink too much, but not in an alcoholic kind of way.  I'm just a fun time girl.

* At the age of 32 I hardly own any furniture as it scares me, because it makes me feel tied down.

* I can be selfish.

*I don't like being tall, but I'm learning to except it (I'm 5'10).

*I can be the life and soul of a party, but deep down inside I'm a loner and I often seek solitude.

* Before I die I have two ambitions: I want to speak another language and write a book and get it published.

This is what I know about me, and I'm OK with these things, because that's who I am.  I still have the rest of my life to figure out the rest of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment