Sunday 5 February 2012

WII ADDICTION!

I cooked stew and dumplings the other night, for Oli and our friends Jono and Scott (Who feel like part of the furniture these days)! Oli and Jono, after clearing their plates rushed off to Soho to go and see a Chilly Gonzales gig and me and Scott were left there drinking red wine wondering what the hell we were going to do with our Friday night.
"Oh my God! Who's is the Wii" Scott said very excitedly as he spied a box in the corner.
"It's mine" I replied.
My brother had given me his console before he moved to Japan, because he couldn't carry it and wasn't sure if it worked. I brought it back to the flat in fit of excitement.
"Look everyone I got given a wii!" I cried.
The housemates reactions weren't as enthusiastic as mine. Angus looked at it as if I'd brought the devil into the flat; Alex was being too erratic again to notice and Oli did show a slight interest if I remember rightly, but I think that was more at the thought of fixing it, than playing on it (He loves stuff like that). Since then it has just been sat there gathering dust in the corner.
"It probably doesn't even work Scott and I only have one control" I moaned.
"Have you tried? It can work with one control, we just take it in turns" he replied excitedly.
So we tried and it did work, perfectly.

You don't even have to play a game to have fun, as me and Scott just spent the first hour just creating each others Wii character. There not the most flattering as I look like the love child of Steve wonder and Janet Street Porter and Scott looks like an inflated balloon. To fair though I think the one we did for Jono is the worst as he looks like something out of planet of the apes!
I did pre warn Scott about me on the Wii, though I still think he was a bit shocked. In fact after seeing me play tennis he said he'd never seen anything like it! The thing is I really get into it. I just can't sit there and press a button; if I'm bowling I'll do the run up like at a lane( everyone thinks I'm going to go through the TV); when I play tennis my arms swing everywhere (Don't get in my way, or you will get a black eye; and boxing, well boxing, I'm great at boxing. I've always had a lot feist in me, so I really go for it. Boom! Knock out! Boom! Another knock out! Love it!
Oli and Jono returned from Chilly Gonzales at 2am to find me and Scott still playing. It's even later when I decide to retire to bed, leaving the guys to play bowling and with Jono wanting to know why his character looks like Planet of the Apes!

The next morning I wake up and I can hardly move my arms. What a work out. If I do Wii everyday I will have guns! Linn walks down the stairs looking hungover from her previous nights clubbing, but then her eyes light up when she sees the Wii.
"Who's is the Wii?"
"Mine" I reply happily, "Me and Scott were playing on it last night and I'm going to buy another control and some more games."
"No need" said Linn "I have 3 controls and loads of games in my room!"
"Oh my God! Really?"
"Yes really!"
"Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!"
"Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!"
I text Scott straight away to tell him the good news and they we are going to have a Wii day and he's like,
"Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!"
And everything is just, you know,
"Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!"
Now this was the kind of enthusiasm I was expecting. So after this we all lived happily ever after in our Wii addiction heaven.
P.S I still can't move my arms with out them hurting. I better get some bloody muscles from this, to make the pain worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment