Tuesday 29 January 2008

SO FAR, SO GOOD!


I always have this fear of flying into Bangkok.  I watched Bangkok Hilton when I was a child and have seen Midnight express far to many times.  I think that I will pick my bag off the luggage carriage, and turn round to find myself surrounded by Thai police with guns and dogs screaming at me with words I can't understand.  They then proceed to open my bag and find half a ton of cocaine which has been planted there by some unknown person. I protest my innocence as I am dragged away screaming, to be put in a cockroach infested cell and left to rot for years by a harsh sentence and a incompentent British embassy.  People always say I have an overactive imagination.  None of this happened of course!  In fact we had a great journey to Bangkok.  For a start we got to Heathrow free as the barriers were down both side of the tube.  As we checked in at the BA counter, they told us the flight was over booked and they were looking for volunteers to back down for £450 each and a free nights accommodation.  Of course me and Jan, the cheapskates that we are volunteered straight away.  Much to our disappointment there was room for us, but we did get a free meal at the airport and £20 to spent in duty free for our efforts.  So it was not all in vain.
We are now on the Koh San, in some cheap guest house that has not seen a lick of paint since I was last here and it needed it then.  Also the last time I stayed at this place I was greeted by a cockroach that popped out of the air con as I opened it.  I forgot to tell Jan that part, but I think it something that he doesn't need to know, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment