Friday 1 February 2008

Koh Samet: Island of Burns

Jan told me that my last post was a bit boring. Well I don't like to make excuses but, I had jet lag and couldn't concentrate as I had some mad Swedish family next to me, who kept trying to pratice there bad English with me. Being the polite person that I am I smiled and indulged them, which is more than can me said for Jan who kept eating and pretending that they weren't there. Actually there are alot of Swedes here and I do find them all slighty mad. It must be the lack of sunlight over there or something.
We are now on Koh Samet which is the nearest island to Bangkok. It is not the best island I have been to in Thailand but it has a certain charm. Its plus points are its beautiful white sand and that is quite small so it is easy to get around. Like all of Thailand it has dirty old men with young girls and even boys, which seems to keep Jan amused for a minute or two as he keeps saying, "Look at those gays" and " Thats minging, he's old enough to be her grandad" really loud. Actually can't wait for the family to get here as at the moment I feel like I'm travelling with a twelve year old child who needs constant amusement. He can pick on Paula like he normally does, that will keep him busy. I might even buy him a rubber ring so he can go play in the sea and leave me to sun bathe in peace. Won't be sun bathing for a couple of days though as I have burnt my chest. Really angry with myself as I'm so careful usually. As well as the sunburn my legs have been savaged by the mozzies. At the moment you could do dot to dot on my legs. The little bastards!. They seem to leave Jan alone. I said thats because I taste so sweet! We have erected my Mozzie net by tying all our shoe laces together which apparently Jan had seen watching an episode of his much loved show Mac Gyver.
I shall now finish this post with observations. These are simply what they say they are observations. They need no explaination or meaning.

OBSERVATIONS

* It seems common pratice for Thai taxi drivers to down whole bottles of Thai whiskey in between fares!

* Some old people think it is entirely acceptable to still wear thongs! Some even do DIY by stuffing their swim wear between their arse cheeks.

* Still not sleeping properly. Nearly a month now. May have insomnia.

* Last night the hut next next door had a huge arguement as they were both really drunk and she had come back to find him with a Thai girl. Sparks flew, but very interesting to watch. Who needs telly.

1 comment:

  1. Jan picking on me! Think you'll find its the other way round!

    ReplyDelete