Monday 17 November 2008

GOAN STAY!


First things first, a quick catch up with lady Warrington, over the last 6 months:
Got back from traveling, did not write blog as promised, worked loads, got very tired, got drunk a few times, brought some clothes, watched crap telly, finished job, went to Goa for a week with my sister, decided not to get on flight back, and wham bam, we are up to date which is me sat on a guest house balcony in Arombol north Goa writing you this blog. The reasons for staying are quite simple really: the sun, the sea, the sand, the food, the cheapness and because life is too bloody short! Anyway didn't fancy coming back to rain, no job and the thought of having to watch Loose Women up till Xmas is enough to put anyone off. Everyone who knows me well knows what a history geek I am and it has been my dream for some time now to go and see the north of India with its many palaces, the Taj Mahal, and Varanasi, (Also some are on the list of my BBC book “100 places to see before you die” and as I'm 30 next year I really need to get a move on!) As no one wanted to do it with me I thought I would do it on my own, which is good as I have always thought I was bloody good company!
As said I am now in Arambol, hanging out with Paula's friend Stuart, who is staying out here. Arambol is a cool place with a chilled atmosphere and an strange mix with ropey old hippies, happy clappers and the gap year students, mixed in with the locals. Not quite sure what category I fit into, for I have always liked the idea for of being a hippy, but I'm far to cynical and I'm definitely no gap year student anymore. I guess I'm in my own category which is, a Lady that travels (I like the sound of that!)
Off to Deli on the the sleeper train (For 25 hours!) on Wednesday, which is when I will become a single traveler. A bit nervous, but its good to be and I have now become use to the stares which follow you everywhere, besides it will be an adventure and every time I have bad moment I will just think of day time TV and I will be glad I am here.

Apology

I would like to apologize for any offense I caused in my last entry on my comments about air cabin crew. My sister is air cabin herself and I know how hard they work. Still think you all have false smiles though!

Observations

I think I have become the “Haggling Queen” taking my title from my former mentor Miss Rebbecca Brown!

I have never seen a fat nippy.

Now that I'm not hanging around with my sister and the air cabin anymore, my consumption of Alcohol is almost zero and my liver is functioning again.

I have to stop thinking I'm a good singer when I am drunk. Did Karaoke again! Did “Big Spender” again! Sang it with the pilot Captain Bob aka Mr T.

No comments:

Post a Comment