Tuesday 25 November 2008

RELIGION RULES


Did you know that Carly (Me!), is actually a goddess in India (you spell it Kali but it's pronounced the same). I would like to say that she is good and beautiful but if the truth is told she has eyes red with intoxication and in absolute rage (A Kevin), her hair is shown disheveled (Often the case with me!) , small fangs sometimes protrude out of her mouth (Before I had a brace) and her tongue is lolling (happens when drunk sometimes). She is often shown naked or just wearing a skirt made of human arms and a garland of human heads (Would wear if found in Topshop). So really she sums me up quite well. Religion rules life hear in India and I now I find myself in one of its its holy places, Puskar in Rajasthan. Its a chilled little town surrounding a lake which the Hindu's come to bathe in and worship. It all sounds so lovely and nice doesn't it apart from the lake is probably toxic with pollution and you would not get me to wash in it if you paid me a million quid as your skin would most likely melt off. The surrounding ghats are also covered in cow shit from the hundreds of free roaming terrors. There is also a lot of bird shit. To walk around the Ghats you have to take your shoes off so you spend your time not looking at the beautiful view of the lake but looking down at the ground to check you are not walking in shit. My feet as I type are encrusted with bird shit and god knows what (Nice!) All that said I really like Puskar. Its quiet and chilled after Delhi and Jaipur, which were full on. I have got myself a nice little room with a balcony and a view over the town to die for, so I will look at the lake from there (Nicer on the feet). I intend to be a lady of leisure here and sit and drink tea and sketch from balcony.
As said I have just come from Jaipur which was great fun as I met three Aussie guys (Ed, Nathan and Alex) on the bus on the way there. I love the Aussies their just chilled and so much fun. I was grateful for them on the bus as, it was a long journey and some old man tried to sit himself on my lap in a very un Grandad kind of way until Nathan pulled him off. Me and Alex have gone on to Puskar as the others have gone Tiger spotting somewhere or another. Have nothing more to say. Well I do but I feel a little tired so can't be arsed to write anymore. I'm not even go to observations!

No comments:

Post a Comment