Thursday 20 November 2008

HOLY COW!


Holy cow is exactly what I thought today when it actually occurred to me that I am walking round the most mental, busiest streets in Deli, completely on my own and on the other side of the world, without a soul I know within a good couple of thousand miles from me. What the hell am I doing! You see I scare myself sometimes, not just my family! I have calmed myself now. I Think I had a bit of cabin fever from the bloody 27 hour train journey I did from Goa. It was not too bad I did have a sleeper seat and it had food and air con. I also had a family opposite me with a matriarchal father who was conducting business on his phone the whole journey. It would have not been to bad if ring tone was not Brian Adams and the "Summer of 69", going off every 2 seconds. He also snored like a pig! I did start to get a dodgy stomach half way through the journey, which was not too bad until someone threw up in the western toilet and so had to use the crouching one instead which are never good for me with my giraffe legs.
When it came to getting off the train I was completely petrified! I was not quite sure where I was and being the only westerner around I got mobbed by everyone. The fear was short lived though as it only takes a taxi driver trying to rip me off, to get the girl going again and Kevin unleashed. Yes I'm back in business. In fact I feel more at home roaming around the streets of Deli than I ever did in Arambol. Stuart said before I left that he did not think it was my scene and he was right. I never feel comfortable on my own in these ideal western Hippie communities, there is always a feeling of wanting to belong but for me always feeling on the outside. I am happy to get lost among the crowds, lay no roots and be a nomad. That's just the way I am.
I am off to Agra tomorrow to see the Taj Mahal, something I have wanted to do for so long and it is also my first cross off on my, "places to see before you die" list (I know I'm sad!) Can't wait.

OBSERVATIONS

* most travelers dress so bad. I too am one. I would never wear what I am wearing now at home ie. those Ali Baba style pants that look like you have shat yourself (well not in public).

* The cows in Deli have the most ugly arse holes

* Most Indian men snore really loud. Before you start I am not sleeping around I was in the train sleeper carriage, remember?

* I am very brave as the whole time I have been writing this blog there has been a mouse running around my feet!

* Nobody ever play Brian Adams the "Summer of 69" around me again as I can be held responsible for my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment