Wednesday 15 July 2009

DANGER! DANGER! HIGH FASHION!



The other morning as I crawled in, after a two day bender my housemate Ssam, got me to agree in my hungover state, to style a fashion shoot for her. It was only later with a clear head that I freaked out and started thinking, I'm not a stylist! I do costume! Actually costume is styling and I was just being scared as usual and not trying to push myself! So after being woken up this morning by the shouting of "Get your arse down here and do clothes!" from Stalin (that's who Ssam turns into on a shoot, be it a small female Korean one!) The clothes were by a new Korean designer called Kang St and were totally amazing! I felt very privileged indeed to be styling such outfits and after my initial anxiety I actually really got into it and loved it! The anxiety I felt in the end was for the safety of our model. As we climbed the stairs to roof terrace I nearly had a heart attack as Ssam had got the bright idea to put the model on a sloping roof. To make things worse she was holding floaty fabric which caught the wind beautifully but nearly took the poor girl with it! Our model the lovely Maike Lundenbach from Next model management was a true pro throughout and never complained once even under the dangerous, cold conditions. Thank God she wasn't an actress we would have never heard the end of it! Actually models are much more nicer than actors to work with. They just get on with it without the drama! Luckily we moved to the lift area after a bit, which was good as my hair was starting to turn grey!
Overall a really great day and Ssam was impressed enough with me to ask if I would like to style again for her. I will jump at the chance. She has also asked me if I would be interested writing a piece for Glass Magazine. Its time I started making a change and do the things I really want to do instead of spending the rest of my life scared of doing them. What do they say, "It is better to regret what you have done, than what you haven't!"









OBSERVATIONS
* I think Ssam needs to take out insurance for future fashion shoots!

1 comment: