Monday 20 July 2009

GOLDEN DIOR


I just love the V&A, for me its the best museum in the world. I could spent hours wandering around it and have seen all the best exhibitions I have ever been to in there: Vivienne Westwood, Kylie, Lee Miller, the list is endless. My very favourite though, was the Golden Age of Couture exhibition about a year and a half ago. It focused on the New look of 1947 up to 1957 and had some of the most amazing gowns I have ever seen in my life.

After that I was hooked with the glamour of that era. It definitely changed my sense of dress too, as after the exhibition I took a turn to becoming more feminine and giving it a bit more glamour when dressing up! If only women dressed like that no days!

So I got great pleasure from Dior's latest Autumn/ Winter Haute Couture show, when I saw the pictures plastered all over the papers recently. Mr Galliano seems to have harked back into the house of Dior's past for inspiration for his latest collection. The show looks like it could be part of Diors legendary New look show. It was even shown in the parlour like setting of the past. God! I love it all. I want it all! I would wear it all everywhere, including Tesco's to do the shopping, even the French knickers. Actually the French knickers would probably be my first choice! Here are the highlights.






No comments:

Post a Comment