Sunday 26 July 2009

SUPERMODEL


So the other day my housemate Ssam, asked me if I wanted to go to a vintage sale with her, that a friend was having not far from us in Hackney. It turns out this wasn't any ordinary run of the mill vintage sale. As we walked up the corridor there were suitcases filled with mad, bright and wacky clothes and inside the studio itself there was a rail filled with designer dresses and a table full of shoes and accessories, with names such as Chanel, Phillip Lim and Rodarte. It turns out that the friend is the model Iekeliene Stange. Ssam told me that she is a supermodel and that she gets given most of these items free from designers. Must be such a hard life I thought! Stange herself looked every inch the model, being tall, willowy and very striking with cheek bones to die for. I could of gone mad and brought half her clothes, which were crazy and cool, but I had to limit myself, so I opted to buy one of Miss Stange's more cheaper item's from the suitcases. I got myself a cool 60's silver mini dress which I am going to use for Standon calling festival next weekend.
When I got home I had to look her up and see how big she was. Well lets say I found out she is big! This girl has walked the catwalks for Chanel to Dior (including the most recent Dior show which I was raving about in another post). She has done campaigns from everyone to D&G to Topshop and has worked with the worlds top photographers like Steven Miesel to Jurgen Teller. It also seems she has a bit of a fan club following for her style which is crazy but really fantastic. I love it! The funny thing was as I was browsing I came across a photo of her wearing the dress I brought off her. She has styled it really cool. I'm no supermodel but I hope I will be able to wear it as good as her. Watch out and see what I do with it for Standon! I think I have, my work cut out to keep up with a supermodel!






Miss Stange wearing the silver dress I brought from her.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I'm moving to Hackney Wick in a few weeks so have been Googling the area and found your 'guide to' post, and kept reading to discover that I'm actually moving into the same warehouse!

    So I hope you don't mind following your blog, I'll probably end up bumping into you anyway :)

    ReplyDelete