Wednesday 26 August 2009

THE MAD HATTER


I love hats. I wear them all the time even if people think I look like some idiot fashion victim in them. I don't really care! I'm a great believer that people should wear hats all the time like they did in the old days. I would do anything to go back in time to the 1920's and 30's just so I could wear those hats.
So at the moment I feel like I have lost my right arm after my favourite hat (My straw Trilby!) got stolen off my head at Standon calling. It wasn't my best hat, as it had a huge hole in it(Some old guy sat on in on a bus in Indian), but, me and and that hat have been on some travels together. It was my lucky travel hat. In fact there have been three of them. That one, one that I gave away to my Volcano guide in Indonesia because I thought he looked like snoop dog in it and another that my friend Peter Frank borrowed for the moustache party to complete his Hercule Poirot outfit, but he got so drunk he can't remember what happened to it!


Anyway I have been looking around desperately for another, but its really hard to find a good hat, you just can't pick any. I have found a few potentials. The first is a Panama from Lock & Co. This company have been around since 1676 and is one of the best hat companies in the world. I've been in the shop a few times for work and its like stepping back in time. Unfortunatley the prices aren't. The Mauritius Panama I want is £118. I have expense taste!

On a more affordable note is Mr h hats from Italy. My housemate Oli has two of their hats and they are great. I think I might try and pick one up in Italy even cheaper. Prices start from £40

OBSERVATIONS

* Don't bother with clubbing, bars or the internet anymore, the new place to find hot guys is Tesco's in Hackney Central on a Tuesday night around 7.00pm. They were everywhere, I didn't know where to look! Note to one's self next time I go: don't look like a total dog again, put some make-up on and wear a very short skirt. Also the Fruit and Veg aisle is where most of them hangout.

No comments:

Post a Comment