Tuesday 8 December 2009

CHARLENE MULLEN


So I've been working on The Bill recently.  Its not very interesting costume wise.  All those police uniforms get very boring, but it pays the bills in these hard times.  We were filming in Dulwich for 2 weeks doing some siege scene. It was like groundhog day, as the scenes we shot all seemed to be more or less the same.  I could of quite easily of tore my hair out with boredom, but there was one redeeming factor on this shoot.  We were filming in the house of a lady called Charlene Mullen, who makes the most amazing cushions, throws and art work, which she sells at such establishments as Liberty's and has clients such as Ralph Lauren and Donna Karan.




 I was a huge fan of her work especially her cat cushions which were called Ralph's extended family, in honour of her cream Persian Cat, called Ralph!

 Ralph became quite a favourite among the crew and demanded more attention than the actors and believe me that is  a hard thing to do! He even tried to get on camera by jumping on one of the actors, lap during a take (For me, it was the most interesting scene during the whole shoot!)  Anyway  Charlene made a killing over the 2 weeks with most of the crew and actors buying her work.  Unfortunately I couldn't afford one, as there not cheap and I'm totally broke at the moment.  Well I can still dream.  Check out her website by clicking here.



1 comment: