Tuesday 29 December 2009

CHRISTMAS DAY: WARRINGTON STYLE!


No brother and sister this year.  My Brother is in Japan taking my Nephew to see his Grandparents for the first time and my sister was working doing a flight to India.  Not like it mattered, I had a great day all the same, like I always do.  It was just a little quieter opening my presents with Mum and Paul in the morning without the siblings, but then we went to my Aunts, Joanne's for Christmas dinner like we do every year and believe me, that is never a quiet affair.  There was 24 for dinner this year, which is what is usually is, give or take one or two!  They don't do anything by halves either: Excess is their middle names. We eat, drink and laugh until no one can keep their eyes open anymore and only then do we think it might be time to go home.  We don't look at the time!  That's why you just can't beat a Warrington Christmas.












































Boxing Day was a quieter affair with just me, Dad and my grandparents.  We were very Grandparent friendly and watched An american in Paris, but they left early as they always do because there old and have to be in bed at about 7.pm, so me and my Dad got drunk and watched Kill Bill.  I even stayed over at his for the first time in over 10 years as he finally cleared out his spare room (Well that isn't actually true.  He has just pilled the junk high in one corner of the room instead so you can reach the bed!)  Well its the thought that counts!














No comments:

Post a Comment