Thursday 30 April 2009

I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY! ACTUALLY I AM!


I got a phone call the other day from my friend Amie who I had worked with last summer. I've haven't seen her since she left me to suffer, filming the rest of Trinity in that God dam, crumbling hell hole of a house in Quinetic, to go jetting around the world, dressing on Kylie Minogue's world tour. To say I was jealous was an understatement! Some people have all the luck! So it was was a very exciting surprise when Amie said she needed an extra dresser for a Kylie show dress rehearsal! Oh my God! I'm going to meet Kylie. Even though I love my bands and rock, Kylie is a legend! Someone that I have grown up with and to last so long in this material industry she deserves respect!
So I turned up at the address, which was a warehouse in Acton, which was not as glam as I was expecting and as I was walking up, a huge tinted window Mercedes pulls up and out steps Miss Minogue in front of me. I think I just stood there staring speechless. I have never been star struck before and its a weird feeling. You just can't believe they are actually real! I kept trying not to stare at her all day! She is so tiny, hardly wore any make-up and even though you can tell she has had work done she still looks amazing.
The work itself consisted of us doing a whole run through of her show and me dressing the male dancers, who were hot until they opened their mouths, as they were as camp as Christmas. It was fun work but actually full on as you don't stop during the whole show, doing hot and sweaty quick changes, but in between I tried to see as much as possible. It was like your own private little concert, in away. Such a great day and I got paid for it too, cash in hand! Brilliant!
Of course I could not take photos, even though I was dying to. So here are some pictures of her tour and the costumes I was working with.



No comments:

Post a Comment