Monday 6 April 2009

MY LITTLE PONY

When I was growing up, I had an obsession with horses and ponies. While other girls my age were deciding which member of which boy band poster they were going to put up on the inside of their desks, I would have pictures ripped out of horse and pony magazine, pinned to mine. I was never a normal child. I would also have a room full of renaissance art books loaned from the library all the time and when most girls my age where out on the street, drinking White Lighting and flirting with boys, I was trying to replicate the Sistine Chapel ceiling and asking my mum much to her horror if it would be OK to do it in my bedroom! Sorry I am have trailed off the subject of this post. Ponies! Yes that's what it was! Anyway when I was a kid I was the biggest lover of "My little Ponies". I had over 60 of them with all their stables and castles, estates and what other bloody things came with them. I use to talk to them all the time, as they were my best friends and told them faithfully that I would never get rid of them as they were my life. Well of course when I reached puberty I flogged them all for £50 as it meant I could buy some new clothes, but we all say stupid things when we are kids. So I was flicking through the Guardian paper the other day when I came across an amusing piece on an artist called Mari Kasurinen who has given "My little Pony" a make over by transforming the figures into characters from cult films. It did make me laugh and reminded me of my old friends. See what you think. I have posted pictures of some of the ponies but for the full collection click on here for the guardian website.

Princess Leah

Jack Sparrow

Edward Scissorhands

Batman and Robin

Alien

No comments:

Post a Comment