Thursday 9 April 2009

WHAT DOES ONE WEAR FOR THE MAYFAIR?


So yesterday I had to go the Mayfair hotel for the press launch of Red Dwarf, which I can now tell you was the programme I was working on. I had to work dressing the actors, but then go to the fancy drinks bit, afterwards. Oh God! I got myself into a right mess on what to wear! Well I had to work and get there in the afternoon, so it had to be practical and not to dressy as I would look totally stupid. At the same time this is one of the best hotels in London! God if I had money I would love to stay there. Check out there website here. After what seemed like ages and trying all of my wardrobe, I chose a simple black round neck, the trusted purple high waisted skirt, the boyfriend blazer, with leopard ballet pumps, finished off with jewellery to jazz it up. It was a good chose but I still wish I had worn my Vivien's of Holloway, polka dot dress.
I Turned up at the hotel where we had a suite to change the actors. As the actors did not turn up for a while me and Fraser decided to try out the rooms mod cons and steal the toiletries. Also got room service as it was on production.



When the actors did arrive we dressed them ready for a press call in Berkeley square, which I had to go and see, but only to get a look at their mad fans. Red Dwarf has a huge fan base, from all over the world, but to be fair most of them are lets say, SPECIAL! Actually they scare me a bit some of them. They all look like they stay inside a lot, and are the types that look like they are into rubber, have a gimp in the basement and are just generally into dark things! For God sake most of them masturbate over Sci-Fi!


That was about as close as I could get with the mad fans!

After the excitement of the fans, it was the time I had been looking forward to. Yes! Free drinks! All night, my glass was constantly filled by waiters with wine! HEAVEN. We also had a screening of the finished product, which I must say looked very good, which I was very shocked about due to the time and budget we had. The party had its usual z list celebs: Some girls from Hollyoaks, Terry Pratchett, and the ginger bloke from the Orange adverts. Show biz! All in all a very good, a bit drunk, night. Has I was leaving all the Paps were waiting with their cameras. "Not for Lady Warrington, are they?" I thought. No of course not! Pixie Geldof and Noel fielding were leaving behind me!



Check out the Red Dwarf episodes which are on this weekend on Dave, on Friday, Saturday, and sunday at 9.00pm. Also on Sunday there is a making of documentary, which I think I will be in, most likely looking ruff, as the picture below shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment