Saturday 21 February 2009

Jan's 30th


Well as expected it was a messy one but also a good one too. First things, first though, I got my dress on time and also managed to fit into it. In fact I had no trouble breathing but did have trouble going to the toilet after a couple of drinks as the dress was hard to get over my sticky out hip bones and I decided to wear stockings and spenders with it, which was probably not the greatest decision once your vision gets a bit blurred. It survived in tack though and was totally worth it as I have never had so many compliments about a dress as I did that night. The flat I hate to say fared a little worse. We cleared out most of the furniture, but with a full DJ set with speakers, lights, decks, a band with full kit, a dog? and over a 150 people there was bound to be a few casualties. One of Jan's photos got stolen from his exhibition, which I think he was he was quite glad about as it meant that some one really liked it. The banister got broken ( We can get some glue) and glasses got smashed (they were only cheap from Tesco!). No the most horrible thing to occur was the toilet! With 150 people that have been drinking a lot and only one toilet there is always going to be trouble. At 5.30am I decided I had, had enough and was going to bed so walked to the bathroom dodging the rest of the party people in the less than glamorous state of my dress with UGGS and a bird nest head, to find the bathroom flooded. Yes! The toilet was blocked! I can't remember if I cried or not but I was not in the best of states and demanded that someone go and get a plunger, to which one of the Italians next door said I could use their toilet or I should pee in a bottle! I started to rant on that it was alright for you men and that they should try being a woman, and that it isn't just periods that is a problem but peeing anywhere is too! Luckily some sorted the toilet out ( I think just to shut me up!)





The Party in full swing.

And the morning after!

OBSERVATIONS

* I will not be having a party again for a long time as I spent all of Sunday cleaning and the place is still not fully back to normal!

* People bring the crappiest, cheap wine to parties.

* People leave those crappy, cheap wine bottles in the strangest of places IE the towel cupboard, the drawers, the mop bucket and plant pots.

* Our next door neighbours have really shit taste in music as they are playing it really loud now and it is pissing me off!

No comments:

Post a Comment