Thursday 2 September 2010

SECRET DIARY OF A CALL GIRL

So I am working as the costume supervisor on Secret Diary of a Call Girl at the moment. I’m having such a good time.  After doing a string of jobs with dull scripts which equals dull costumes, it so good to being working with fun and interesting costumes again.  I’m lucky to be working with my good friend Hannah, and a new designer for me, the lovely Edward Gibbon.  What is also great, is Billie piper is really lovely and also has a great passion for clothes and is willing to take risks, which Edward loves to do.  Her wardrobe includes designers such as Stella McCartney, YSL, Jill Sander, Acne, Alexander Wang and Mulberry mixed in with high street brands such as Topshop, American Apparel and H&M, with some vintage pieces thrown in for good measure.  Edward has also used a lot of pieces from new unknown designers.  The only problem with this job is that I want the whole of  Belle’s wardrobe after the shoot finishes, which isn’t going to happen (Well a girl can dream).  I’m not allowed to show any pictures of outfits even though I would love too, but the papers have been following the film crew around like mad trying to get snaps of Billie.  So here are some of the photos taken by the papers that have given some of the outfits away, and for once I’m liking the press as they have given us nothing but good comments on the costumes and even suggested that Costume should have a pay rise!  Long may it continue.







6 comments:

  1. who makes the shoes Billie is wearing in the last two pics? the Parisian dress she wears in season 4 is also gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoes are Kurt Geiger and the dress I think your talking about is Blumarnie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who makes the sheer nightgown and slippers hannah has on in the first episode of season four? It is subtle and absolutely gorgeous. I love the peekaboo look of the bra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the nightware you are talking about is By Harlot, are Australian company. Then most of the rest of the underwear is by Myla. I wanted it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you tell me who made the red shirt with pussy bow? Series 1, episode 3. I love it!!!!! Hey scratch that, just list the lot. Fabulous job! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I know this is literally 8 years after this blog post was made hahaha but if you know would you mind telling me where the red pussy bow blouse belle wore in sdoacg season 1 episode 3 was from (if you know)? Or where I could find one like it? I've been searching for literal years and I haven't been able to find one even remotely similar no matter how hard I look :/ I fell in love with it the first time I saw it but can find no mention of it anywhere on the web.

    ReplyDelete