Sunday 22 August 2010

MURDER ON THE STANDON EXPRESS


Yes I know!  I have been a very, very, very bad blogger in deed, recently.  I haven't had a moment to myself at the moment.  I was stuck up in Bristol for over 2 weeks, on a job from hell, but don't worry I won't bore you with it as its not worth the effort!  The good thing about that job finishing though, was I went straight to Standon calling festival from it, which was a much needed treat and a chance to catch up with friends.  I didn't think last years event could be topped, but this year was so amazing, I can't even tell you.  The theme this time was murder on the Standon Express.  Me and Hannah decided to go as murdered brides, as we thought it probably the only time we would get to wear a wedding dress in our lives, due to our disater record with relationships.  Cat was meant to be a murdered bride too, but she forgot her dress, which she was very upset about, so we invented a story that Yestyn are evil groom, murdered us on our wedding night because we had found out about each other and he ran off with his mistress Malibu Dubai Barbie, played by Cat in her tropical dress.  Good hey!  We actually really got into our roles, especially the more wasted we got as the night wore on.  In fact I seemed to morph into Bjorn Borg with my headband by the end of the night.  Deb, Sophie, Duncan and James went at "Some like it Hot", with the boy's really liking a bit to much their roles as women.  Very messy, very funny and very, very, very good.  Word of warning: Don't use red food colouring as blood, as it looks Dayglo pink,  is very sticky and stains your skin ( It took bloody ages to scrub off!)



Who's got the best arse?
Bjorn Borg

I think it will take more than a kiss to make up for murdering me!
My evil husband, Yestyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment