Sunday 22 August 2010

A SLIGHT RETURN


It seemed that everything was kicking off on the Glyndebourne day.  Not only did the bloody cat go missing, and all the texts about that, I was getting loads of texts asking me what time I would be home, to which I was like; I'll be home, when I'm home!  I just presumed that everyone was stressing about Moomin Troll, but really there was another reason, because when I opened the door to the flat, I could see all the house sat round the TV watching a film like always in the dark.  "Hiya" they all shouted, as I walked towards them.  It took me a while to realise there was an extra person among the crew, even though I was looking straight at them.  Sat there like she had never left was Ssam (Radio!!!).  It was a complete shock.  So for those of you who don't know who Ssam is, here is a quick recap.  Ssam is my old housemate from South Korea, who is a fashion photographer.  Unfortunately last year the shitty British government would not renew her visa and she was given 10 days to leave the country after living here for 6 years.  Luckily Ssam has now got herself a job in New York, and decided to come on a little holiday to London before she starts her new life.   She has been staying with us some of the time and it feels like she never left; her watching crap TV, sitting in her bedroom for hours and her cooking lots of processed noodles.  Like old times.  For her last day here we let her do BBQ on the roof terrace, to which she invited her friends, which included her long suffering assistant Rainer, who it was good to see.  After lots of food and drink we ended the night like total geeks with all us getting out our cameras and seeing who could get the best close up photo of our insect infested plant, because that's what everyone does?  Isn't it?  Good bye again, radio.  Maybe you have given me a good reason to go to New York soon?
Rainer

Me & Ssam
Oli
Triley & Cassius
Cass
Alex & Oli bite the Cob


Nick gives Cass some puss love
Hank
Father & son
Studies in plant life
Geeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment